Greta’s Apple Caramel Crepes Paleo Style
Greta Slaton, member of Team Fabulous, went to eat as a new restaurant and was served Caramel Apple Crepes as dessert. Being the creative Paleo cook she is, she decided to make her own healthy Paleo version of this recipe. She tells us that it is even better than the one at the restaurant. I must agree these are delicious.
The key is to have your Paleo tortillas already made up. I like to make a big recipe of tortillas and freeze extra to have on hand.
Stupid Easy Tortillas 6-8
- 5 apples, peeled cored and diced (crisp apples)
- 3 Tbs. Coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
Paleo Caramel Sauce
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Kerrygold butter
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
How to Make
- Melt coconut oil in pot. Add honey, apples and spices.
- Cook until apples are tender and sauce thickens some.
- Add vanilla extract
(Adapted from Ancestral Chef’s Apple Pie Recipe)
- In saucepan combine coconut milk and coconut sugar. Bring mixture to boil, turn heat to low and cook slowly, stirring frequently, until liquid reduces (about 30 –45 min). Remove from heat and stir in coconut oil, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Can store in refrigerator.
(Adapted from bakerita.com)
Chill a full-fat can of coconut milk. Open and remove the hardened portion (about ½ cup) from can. Using a mixer or a fork whip this until it has the consistency of whipped cream. Add sweetener (a few drops of Stevia) and ½ tsp of vanilla.
Fill tortillas with apple mixture. Roll into crepes. Drizzle with Caramel Sauce. Add dollops of whipped topping.
Greta has had excellent results as a member of Team Fabulous and as a follower of the Paleo lifestyle. Thank you Greta for sharing this.