Paleo Just Keeps Getting Better
Last night we had a Fabulously Fit small group of women from North Place church in our home for a class and dinner. This was a rare church group as we are all focusing on eating to be healthy and fit.Our first team of cooks for the course brought a wonderful and delicious dinner. Chris found the Lemon Cake on my website and made it for us. It was definitely a huge hit. This reminded me that now would be a good time to share this post with you again. It well could become one of your favorites as well.
I discovered this recipe while scanning an email from The Civilized Caveman. This was in his top ten Paleo Recipes for 2014. It was in my top ten for 2015 and will be again in 2016.
So Moist and So Fresh Tasting
With the fresh lemon and honey glaze drizzled over the top, this pound cake is the best pound cake I have ever eaten. The Lemon zest in the glaze almost gives it a taste of nuts (although there are no nuts.)
Ingredients for Pound Cake
2 Cups Almond Flour (I like to use blanched finely ground Almond Flour, but this is just my preference.)
1/2 C. Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2/3 C. Raw Honey, Melted
2/3 C. Coconut Oil, Melted
4 Large Cage Free Eggs
1/2 C. + 3 TBLS Unsweetened Full-Fat Coconut Milk
2 TBLS Pure Lemon Extract
1 TBL Lemon Zest from organic lemon
Ingredients for Glaze
Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice from 2 Lemons
Lemon Zest from 1 Lemon
1 Vanilla Bean Pod (if you don’t have the Bean Pod, use pure vanilla extract). I discovered how good recipes are using the Bean Pod early in 2014. We happened to be at a store called Costco and there it was.
4 TBLS Raw Honey
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare a 9×9 baking pan by coating the interior lightly with coconut oil.
3. Cut Parchment Paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place it over the coconut oil. I am so excited to learn this tip to use with other baking recipes as well.)
4. Place Oil and Honey in Food Processor (I used Blendtech) and process for 2 minutes.
5. Add other wet ingredients: Coconut Milk, Lemon Extract, Lemon Zest and process again until all is combined.
6. Combine dry ingredients and mix together.
7. Add dry ingredients into the processor and blend until smooth.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 35 – 37 minutes.
9. Let cake cool a few minutes
10. Remove cake and cool thoroughly (Before removing the cake run a dinner knife around the edges to be sure they are not sticking. The Parchment paper in the bottom works so well.)
1. Prepare this while the cake is baking.
2. Cut Vanilla Bean Pod lengthwise. Scrape the little beans into a small saucepan.
3. Add in the Vanilla Bean Pod, Lemon Juice, Zest, and the honey to the pan and simmer 10 minutes stirring often or continuously.
4. Cool and remove the pod and toss. (or find some creative ways to use the left over pod. In my searching I have seen several.) http://www.thekitchn.com/5-ways-to-use-spent-vanilla-beans-202616
5. Pierce several holes in the top of the cake using a big fork.
6. Pour the Glaze over the cake top. Spread evenly.
7. Rest cake one hour so it can fully absorb the glaze.
Serve or store in refrigerator.
I see your site is in the same niche like my page. Do you allow guest posting?
I can write unique articles for you. Let me know if you are interested.