Enchiladas – Paleo Delicious
I got the basic idea for these from Erin’s Post on Crossfit Ammo. Thank you Erin. I didn’t have the ingredients I needed (like ready-made Enchilada sauce), so I made up one. It turned out surprisingly delicious.
- 8 to 12 Paleo Easy Tortillas or Naan Flatbread
- Shredded Lettuce (I like to use Romaine knowing iceberg lettuce has little nutrients.)
- Filling below
- Sauce below
- Topping below
- Optional Salsa
- 20 oz. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 TBL Dry Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Can 140x Dice Tomatoes
- 1 Cup + Beef Broth
- 4 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 to 1/4 C. Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
How to Make
Saute in a big skillet the ground beef and green pepper.
Add in and Cook on low heat:
Prepare SAUCE in a medium saucepan
Combine: Full Fat Coconut Milk Can and 4 tsp Arrowroot Powder
Heat until sauce thickens, stirring all the time
Add in 1 Can Tomatoes and 1 cup Beef Broth
Combine thoroughly and heat
- After the Filling is cooked, place a good amount into each Paleo Easy Tortilla and wrap it up. Place the tortillas in a big oblong glass dish.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the Enchiladas to cover them completely.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch carefully during the last minutes so you don’t overcook and dry them out.
- While cooking, prepare the Guacamole Topping by mashing a ripe avocado in a bowl with some coconut milk. Add in salt and pepper to season to taste. Combine in the cut up cherry tomatoes.
- Serve hot Enchiladas with a big spoon of Guacamole Topping and/or Salsa on top.