Breads, Muffins, TortillasI am busily working to create images for each of the recipes to make navigation easier. For each Image you see so far, you can just click on the image and it will bring up the recipe.
PANCAKES by Greta
This may be my favorite recipe of the year. Thank you Greta Slaton.
The above Image will take you to the Recipe. For more tips click: TIPS
GREAT LUNCH IDEA
CARROT BANANA MUFFINS
PUMPKIN HARVEST MUFFINS
Pumpkin Muffins, a Yummy Substitute for the Holidays
ZUCCHINI BREAD – FAMILY FAVORITE ADAPTED TO PALEO
ZUCCHINI BANANA MUFFINS
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin
3. Pulse together in food processor until well mixed:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 small peeled zucchini
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
4. Combine dry ingredients
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
5. Add ingredients in step 3 & 4 to food processor and
pulse to combine.
6. Allow combined ingredients in step 5 to sit a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquids.
7. Add the 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar.
8. Pulse to combine all.
9. Fill each of the muffin tins about 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.
PALEO BANANA BREAD
I found two great recipes. They were from different sources but very, very similar. My first one sunk in the middle, so I tried using cupcake pans for the second recipe. They were too dry. I made the mistake of doubling the recipes as well. One recipe easily makes two loaves or 24 cupcakes and 4 smaller loaf pans. There is probably no need to double. I combined the two recipes and came out with fool-proof and delicious banana bread.
- 3 eggs, separated (keep the yolks and whites separate) I read that using eggs at room temperature works best to create stiff egg white peaks.
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 mashed bananas very ripe
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream egg yolks and honey in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Hand held mixer takes about five minutes.
- Add olive oil, vanilla, and mashed bananas to bowl, mixing well
- In smaller separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, baking powder and almond flour. You may wish to sift to combine thoroughly. I didn’t.
- Add mixture of spices and powder to the bowl and stir in well
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form using hand held mixer. (Vital)
- Fold in the egg whites into banana mixture until it pulls away from sides, and then fold in rest of egg whites into mixture
- Add nuts if you are using them
- Lightly oil 2 bread loaf pans with coconut oil and pour in the batter.
- Place in oven 40-45 min. I would check at about 40 min.if you see that there is a crack in the top of the loaf and it has browned nicely. Stick them with toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
These will be even better the next day.
After two or three days, store in sealed container in refrigerator. I love using the Glass Snap on Lids containers.
Autumnal Pumpkin Bread that is free of gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and coconut!
Author: Danielle Walker- Against All Grain
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 60 minutes, Serves: 10
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sunbutter or almond butter
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 3 tablespoons softened palm shortening, ghee, or unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grain-free baking powder (or make your own- 1tsp baking soda+2 tsp cream of tartar)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Note: if almond butter is used, decrease baking powder to 1.5 teaspoons and add ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease an 8.5×4.5 loaf pan then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
3. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sunbutter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, palm shortening, lemon juice, and vanilla. Puree for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the arrowroot, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, lemon zest, ginger, and sea salt. Blend again for 30 seconds until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before eating, about 2 hours. Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
*baking powder is used as opposed to my preferred baking soda to prevent this from turning green