CASHEW CHICKEN IN LETTUCE WRAPS
Here’s a recipe from Wellness Mama I tested and adapted in my kitchen and found absolutely delicious. The cashews and maple syrup add the crunch, and placing it in a lettuce wrap makes it a light and refreshing. Serves 4.
- 1/2 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut in to bite size pieces (The recipe originally called for 1 pound of chicken breast, but this is way too much chicken for this amount of sauce. Even with 1/2 pound chicken, I like to triple the sauce.)
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
Here is my revised recipe:
Sauce and Spices
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp natural sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 9 TBSP (or more to taste) coconut aminos or naturally fermented soy sauce
- 9 TBSP (or more to taste) maple syrup
- ½ cup+ toasted cashews
- Bibb lettuce leaves for serving or Paleo Tortillas
- Place the bite size pieces of chicken into a large skillet of melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with the seasonings and sauté until chicken is almost done and no longer translucent.
- Add the coconut aminos and continue to stir until the liquid starts to evaporate.
- Add the maple syrup and continue stirring for two or three minutes.
- Add cashews and stir until heated.
- Cool slightly and serve in lettuce leaves or Paleo Tortillas.