Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cold weather calls for soup. Here in Texas, we have had a rare few days of very cold weather. I discovered this delicious soup in my Ninja Cookbook.
Ingredients & Easy Directions:
- 1 large white onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded (Place first four ingredients in blender and pulse until chopped)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (Heat the oil in stockpot over medium heat)
- 8 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 TBLS. Fresh cilantro, chopped (Add above chopped vegetables, tomatoes and 2 TBLS of the fresh cilantro. Saute and stir about 5 minutes.Reserve 1 TBLS for garnish)
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBLS fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (Add next four ingredients above. Reduce the heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.)
- Place 2/3 of the soup into the blender.