Every moment of every day we have choices to make. God has given us a free will.
He tells us there are choices that lead to death. There are choices that lead to life. Some choices bring blessings and some bring curses. We are instructed to choose life so that we may live.
Today You and I have the Choice
- What will I eat? Debit foods that steal my health or Credit foods that add health to my days?
- Will I take time to eat slowly and chew my food?
- How much will I eat? Smaller meals more often or meals that leave me stuffed?
- Will I follow the Hunger/Full Index eating before I am too hungry and stopping before I am too full?
- What foods will I prepare? Will I prepare?
- What foods will I have in my home? Foods to nourish or foods to tempt?
- Will I take the time to shop for healthy food? Is that a priority?
- Will I pray over my food with thanksgiving before I eat?
- Will I pay attention to what I am eating or will I eat carelessly, unthinkingly?
- Will I pray for self control?
- Will I think on the wonderful foods I can have instead of the things I can’t have today
- Will I make water my beverage of choice today?
- Will I choose to ask the Lord to help me love good healthy food?
- Will I search for ways to choose best over better?
I Choose Life
I choose to overeat only God’s Word
I choose to fill my mouth with good things, so that my youth is renewed like the eagles.
Small consistent good choices lead to good habits which can be taken to autopilot where the miracle occurs.