Cinnamon Coffee Cake
This treasure was found and adapted from Myheartbeets.com website. This is a fabulous website, and this particular recipe scores a 10 on deliciousness. Yes, it is Paleo. It will be a special day Coffee Cake as it is rich, even though Paleo. My version lessens (in 1/2) the original amount of coconut sugar and skips the glaze. To me, it couldn’t be more delicious. I plan to make it again on Christmas Eve morning.
Ingredients for Cake
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Almond Flour
- 1/4 C Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 1/2 C Ghee softened or 1 stick Grassfed Butter
- 5 Tbls Honey
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 C Pecans
- 1/4 C Ghee softened
- 1/2 C Coconut Sugar and 2 packets Truvia
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
This topping would also be delicious on a Pumpkin Pie!
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add the dry ingredients together for the cake and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients (coconut milk, ghee, honey and eggs) and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×9 Pyrex dish. I even put a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of dish after greasing with coconut oil.
- For the topping: chop the pecans in a food processor until fine.
- Add the pecans and remaining topping ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I really do like the recipes from Myheartbeets.com. I will be trying this coffeecake recipe.