Since beginning Paleo eating, I have tried a number of Banana Bread recipes and actually never found one I really cared for enough to make a second time. This recipe originally came to me from a lady named Katie Bramlett called the Warrior Wife online. Katie also gave a tip about “How to Ripen Bananas” that has indeed been a treasure tip as I never have ripe bananas on hand. Note this tip blow.
The recipe was especially appealing as it had no sweetener at all. The ripe bananas provided the sweetness. I made the recipe one time and liked it enough to make it two more times adding a little lemon juice to try and make it rise more. The third time I made a mistake and reversed the amount of tapioca flour and coconut flour, which I thought may have ruined the bread. To my great surprise, it made it better and lighter. It is the best one yet.
Let me first share the tip:
The Tip on How to Ripen Bananas
Bake them in the peel on a baking sheet at 250 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes.
Banana Bread Gluten Free and Paleo Approved
Here is my revised recipe, which I think is a winner!
Mix Wet Ingredients
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbls Coconut Oil, plus more to grease a 9 x 9 square Pyrex Dish
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
Mix Dry Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 tbls. Coconut Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Optional 1/2+ cup Walnuts (such a good addition)
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the 9 x 9 pyrex pan with coconut oil.
- (I used a BlendTech blender and put all of the wet ingredients in first and blended them; and then added the dry ingredients and blended all together.) Otherwise use two bowls to mix the wet in one and the dry in the other; and then combine.
- After blending all, spread the batter into the prepared Pyrex dish and add the walnuts on top (kind of swirling them into the batter.) Bake for 35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean. My oven overcooked the bread at the original suggested 40-45 minutes. 35 minutes was perfect for me.