Eat Before You are Too Hungry
Eating before you are too hungry and stopping before you are too full can be a great habit to develop for Inch Loss. Here is a tool called the Hunger/Full Index, which I have used for decades with Fabufit. As you look at the index below, think of 0 as starving and 10 as being gluttonously full. The goal is to stay between a 4 and 6. You can also print the chart by following the link below.
Consider these Pointers in Using the Hunger/Full Index
Your goal is to tune in to when your body is genuinely hungry and when it is genuinely full. This is a powerful way to begin training your body. Training begins with knowing just where you are right now. Do you even know when you are hungry and when you are full? It is time to pay close attention. The rewards are magnificent.
- Before you begin to even take a first bite, slow down and note what your body is saying to you.
- If you are at about a 3 and becoming just hungry, this is a good time to eat. Make a note of where the number is when you begin eating.
- Your first two bites are the most flavorful, so eat these very slowly.
- Keep tuned in to where you are transitioning up the hunger/full scale as you eat. This is a great step of progress. You are becoming aware. You are beginning to eat, not carelessly, but with intention.
- Work on training your body to become aware of how you feel at a 6 or 7. Your goal is to stop before you hit 7.
- A great idea is to use a Food Diary to keep notes on the level you begin at as well as your stopping number. You are training your body to pay attention and to obey. Practice makes perfect.
By the yard, life is hard, but inch by inch anything is a cinch.
8 Looser Clothing
7 Loosen Clothing
Comfortably Full <4 – 6> is where we wish to stay
3 Just Hungry
2 Very Hungry
1 Very very hungry
0 Starving and ready to Binge
Romans 12:1-2 (MSG) Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out.
Watch for upcoming course