I saw this recipe on the Paleo Ammo postings and have made it twice now. My family loves these burgers. You can make them as spicy as you like, or eliminate the jalapeno all together. NOTE: the first time I made them, I included too much of the juice from the tomato. The second go round was much better. We had ours on a big lettuce leaf. Next time I may try the Stupid Easy Paleo tortillas.
2 ripe avocados
1 small tomato, diced
¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
Juice from half a lime, Salt to taste
1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
Make the Guacamole:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone in middle and scoop out flesh into a bowl.
- Mash up the avocado flesh using a spoon or fork.
- Add in juice from half lime
- Add in diced tomato (avoid adding too much liquid here)
- Add in ¼ cup cilantro, jalapeno, chili powder
- Add salt to taste and mix all well.
Cook the burger (can be precooked)
Fry an egg (preferably in coconut oil or olive oil).
Place the fried egg on top of the burger and top with the guacamole.