HOT COCOA PALEO STYLE
Cold weather calls for some Hot Cocoa. Is there an alternative to the health and fitness destroying version we are used to?
Yes there is….
Here is what you need to whip it up:
- 1 Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk (14 oz)
- 28 oz of pure Water
NOTE: If you don’t have the Can of Coconut Milk on hand, just use Coconut or Almond Milk from a carton. Use 1/2 milk and 1/2 water
- 1/4 C. Pure Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 C. of Sweetener (Agave or Maple Syrup)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
How to Make
- Stir the cocoa into a small amount of milk in saucepan until the cocoa is somewhat dissolved
- Add the rest of the milk
- Add the sweetener
- Add the vanilla
- Stir in saucepan until heated
- TOP with a scoop of Coconut Whipped Topping
This is super easy if you have a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. With my new Blendtec, I can just dump all into the blender and press the soup setting and then repeat the soup button again. This comes out the perfect temperature. Not too hot, but just right.
Here is the Blendtec
This recipe along with many Holiday Treasure Recipes is included in the newly published Holiday Fabufit Paleo Recipe Cards. You will find delicious Paleo versions of our very favorites:
Coconut Chocolate Treats
Newly discovered and/or created main dishes to include:
Chicken Alfredo over Zoodles (Zucchini Pasta)
Chicken Pot Pie