What Does Renewing My Mind Have to do with My Inch Loss?
Yes, these two topics do seem unrelated. Actually they are closely related. How?
- A mind filled with toxic thoughts creates fear, anxiety, and worry to name a few side effects. All of these produce stress. Stress causes wrong quantities of certain chemicals to be released in the body. One such chemical is cortisol. Cortisol not only regulates and support functions in the heart and immune system, but also our metabolism. Research has shown that chronic stress causes weight accumulation around the middle section of the body.
- Our Bible tells us we are wired for love, peace, joy, faith, hope and expectation of good. We are instructed to think on things good, pure, lovely and of a good report. When we accept toxic thoughts, these trigger negative and anxious emotions. This produces biochemicals that cause stress in the body.
- “When we break the cycle of toxic thinking, we can also break the habit of absorbing stress.” ~ C. Leaf
- Whatever we think on – good or bad – produces emotions. Negative emotions for so many of us can lead to “Emotional Eating” (eating on demand to emotions for comfort …usually eating too much…usually eating so called “comfort” foods.)
- Toxic thoughts create toxic attitudes. These toxic thoughts look like dead trees with many dead branches. Sadly, they aren’t dead; but are alive creating havoc for us. These toxic networks can become very strong. (But not too strong for God’s Word to change them.)
- “Toxic emotions and toxic thoughts are a natural combination, so when you sweep away toxic thinking, toxic emotions will be swept away too!” ~ C. Leaf
A Deceptive Image
Toxic thoughts can tell us we are failures and we can never change. These thoughts may scream, ” what is the use of trying, anyway?”
God tells us “we are fearfully and wonderfully made.” We are created in His image. He is certainly not a failure, and did not create us to be failures. He wired us for love. If we wired in the toxic thoughts; through His power in us, we can wire them out.
We can renew and rewire our brain. With proper guidance, we can do this in a relatively short time frame. You are not too young or too old to do this. Dr. Caroline Leaf’s book Who Switched Off My Brain (Revised Edition) is the best of her books, in my opinion. If you can find the workbook to purchase with it, that will be even better. I found mine at kcm.org.
The Fabufit Course on Renewing Our Minds begins May 18th via teleconference call and power point personal guidance. I am by far no brain scientist; however, I love and study God’s Word, and I have loved studying the material of Dr. Caroline Leaf (who is a noted brain scientist.) I am trusting the Lord for the ability to simplify and present a basic platform that will begin changing your life as you Renew Your Mind. Team Fabulous Members come free.