Our bodies are more than ready to shed those excess inches and feel the best they have ever felt. Let’s get started! First we need to make some plans for our week. Life can be so busy.“If we fail to plan, we are planning to fail.”
If you have been following my blog, Hopefully, you have purged your pantry of fat-creating junk, gotten your basic groceries for baking, and created an organized space for these Paleo staples in your cupboard (or at least you have taken baby steps to begin:)
Why waste another week?
OUR MEALS FOR THE WEEK
- Our long-term goal will be to create 21 main dish meals on 4×6 cards that we can rotate week to week. Most families only eat a variety of about 21 to 28 different main dishes. If you are a member of our Fabulously Fit over 50 Club, you will have easy access to these main dishes already prepared for you to print onto 4×6 cards. Each meal will be designed to be delicious, healthy, gluten-free, Paleo approved, and fat burning for reaching our fitness goals.
- Now it is time to select: a.) seven main dishes for this week b.) one muffin recipe (which you may have to double or triple depending on the size of your family), c.) a batch of Stupid Easy Paleo Tortillas to use for breakfast tacos, lunch tortilla wraps, dinner roll subs, and easy-to-carry-with-you snacks with a bit of almond butter inside.
- Shop for this week’s groceries depending on the main dishes you have selected. Remember many main dishes can be doubled. You can freeze half for use the next day. Factor in, as well, easy meals such as steak, sweet potato, and a big green salad OR a piece of grilled salmon with another big green salad, and sautéed cauliflower rice Also factor in the use of a store-bought organic Rotisserie Chicken, which can be used for one meal if a big family or one meal and the rest cut up and frozen for Chicken Fruit Salad or Chicken Tortilla Soup later. (These are on the FabulouslyFit.com website under Recipes tab.)
- Prepare your muffins and your Stupid Easy Tortillas for the week. Because John and I use these every day, I make the tortilla recipe times five. It is just as easy when making one batch to go ahead and make five batches. You can keep your muffins and tortillas at room temperature until the third day and then transfer the ones left into the refrigerator. These will be perfect in the refrigerator for the rest of the week or longer. Both recipes also freeze well. NOTE: Never waste groceries. Freezing what you do not quickly use. Freeze them in portion sizes in case you have more than you will use at once when thawed.
- If your week looks jam-packed, you may wish to go ahead to prepare a couple of main dishes over the weekend. I often make the Marinara Chili ahead of time.
- Take on the mindset: I am getting better and better, faster and faster at this. At first, it takes longer. Do not give up. It is worth it to persevere just like the bulldog our Team Fabulous studied in our Four Weeks to a Lifetime training. This training is archived and available for review by members and for all Team Fabulous members.
- Catch the vision of Fabulous Fitness – inches disappearing, muscles created, and health and energy restored. It will happen as you combine this delicious way of eating with awesome consistent fat-burning exercise. (All members have confidential beginning Crossfit basic moves to train them in the proper way to sit in a chair (Squats), pick up an object without hurting one’s back (Lifts) and how to press something overhead like putting an object up on a shelf (Presses) via videos created just for our Fabulously Fit over 50 Club by Erin Hathaway, owner of Crossfit Ammo in Allen, TX. Erin has graciously also taught us how to properly stretch before our workouts and how to improve range of motion using a simple LaCrose ball.)
Psalm 36:5-7 (MSG) God’s love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness, nothing gets lost; not a man, not a mouse slips through the cracks.