My last three batches of tortillas were made using a faster process and I love it. It used to take me about 3 hours minimum to make the Stupid Easy Tortillas x 10 as I always make. To make a single recipe it would not take long at all, but I like to make extra. This yields about 50 or more thin Paleo Tortillas. I freeze many in sets of four with parchment paper between them to have on hand as bread subs in our Paleo eating.
Using two pans as described below I made the 50 or more in one hour:)
Before our big Family Trip to Gulf Shores……
I knew I had to work faster to have these ready to take. So here is what I did:
1. Purchased a second little 9 inch non stick skillet so I could work making two at a time.
2. Use Parchment Paper or Wax Paper straight on the counter, instead of Cookie Sheets lined with this. Have this all spread out with plenty of paper to slap the tortillas on.
3. Have your Ingredients all laid out and ready. The picture doesn’t show the eggs needed.
4. Wash egg shells and place all cracked eggs in blender. Blend.
5. Place dry ingredients in a bowl or toss right into the blender. Watch the Arrowroot Powder as it like to fly away everywhere.
6. Add required teaspoons of water. Melt the Ghee and add. Blend.
7. Brush just a little coconut oil on pans. Heat. Test with just a dab of batter to be sure the pans are hot enough.
8. Pour from blender into first skillet, holding pan off of the burner as you pour and swirling around to coat the bottom of the pan. Next, pour into the second skillet and swirl around. Now it is time to flip the first tortilla in skillet one. Once flipped, press about 7 or 8 times with spatula and transfer to paper. Put more batter into the first skillet, and flip the tortilla in the second skillet, etc. Once you get the system rolling, it is fast and easy. You will feel so accomplished once you are finished and will have delicious tortillas ready for several meals, snacks.
A Delicious Lunch
Freeze all extra tortillas in sets of 4. They thaw easily.