Honestly, it was really good. I only made 1 serving my first time around, not knowing what to expect and wished I had made more. The next few times I have certainly made more. Be sure to double this recipe for two.
We had a couple of pieces of Manna Bread (Indian Bread from myheartbeets.com) left over that I heated on a baking sheet to go with the hot oatmeal. I also had a cup of herbal tea with some coconut milk in it.
Click the link to go right to myheartbeets.com for this recipe. This is a wonderful website. There are many many treasures here.
I added some coconut oil to stir fry the:
- ¼ cup Walnut or Pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon Golder Flaxseed Meal (I only found flaxseeds whole. They tried to hop out of my pan as I stir fried the mixture, so I had to go slowly and probably lessen my cooking time.)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
Add Coconut milk, cranberries and chi seeds plus spices:
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds – (I am so glad to finally figure out how to use these.)
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated Nutmeg (I’ve never used freshly grated and so I used regular Nutmeg Spice.)
- 1-2 tablespoons Raisins (I used Cranberries, but will buy some Yellow Raisins.)
- Sweetener if desired – ( I used a little organic Stevia Powder)
- Add the flaxseed meal, nuts and coconut flour to a medium saucepan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Next, add the milk, chia seeds and spices and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, stir in raisins and sweetener if using any, and serve 1
I put a dollop of coconut cream on top of my portion. John put honey on his.