Updated Dec 2015 – Easier – Adapted from MyHeartBeets.com
(Delicious with the Paleo French Silk Pie)
Paleo Pie Crust
2 cups blanched almond flour (Honeyville is a great brand and is
ground very fine:)
1/4 tsp sea salt AND 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 egg, whisked
2 TBLS Ghee softened
HOW TO MAKE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a larger bowl (flour, salt, cinnamon)!
3. Whisk the wet ingredients in smaller bowl (softened Ghee and
whisked Egg). I softened the Ghee in small pyrex bowl in low oven so
it was soft, but not totally melted.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture until very thoroughly
combined and form into a ball.
5. Press the dough into a 9 1/2 inch pie pan. (This takes a little time to
6. Use a fork to prick around in the crust before baking.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden brown.
8. This can be made ahead and frozen for later use.
Makes 1 pie crust