John and I really like using fresh spinach or dark green lettuce as a salad base. Of course a salad is wonderful with fresh vegetables in it like shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers; but we like it even better if we use sliced fresh strawberries or grapes. Either salad is delicious with Paleo caramelized slivered almonds tossed on top.
Recently I remembered how delicious Poppyseed Dressing is on a strawberry or grape version salad. We searched for a ready made one to fit Paleo guidelines, but found none. I tried one I found online at paleotable.com and adjusted it just a bit. It is very good.
- 1 TBLS or more of Raw Honey in liquid state
- 4 TBLS Paleo Mayonnaise (This recipe from my old, old cookbook is easy as pie to make and tastes delicious:) Paleo Mayo *
- 3 TBLS Full Fat Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 TBLS Apple Cider Vinegar (Recipe called for 2 TBLS, and to me it seems too much.)
- 1 TBLS Poppy Seeds
How to Make
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until mixed well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve