Long time family favorite, I found the recipe in Cooking Light, Sept 1996
My husband never liked sweet potatoes until I made this.
Serving size 1 ½ cups
Combine in a dutch oven over medium – high heat; Saute 7 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- ¾ cup celery, thinly sliced
Add water and next ingredients
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ tsp pepper, coarsely ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped (two 14.5 cans -I added all the juice)
- 1 15oz can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained (NOTE: this would be the only non Paleo approved ingredient.)
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; cook an additional 2 minutes. This is so good for a cold day. Save any leftover for tomorrow’s lunch.