“For many people, simply eliminating emotional eating can be the difference between weighing 250 and 125, no dieting involved.” ~ Bob Greene
- Prepare to make a Change. (Decide)
- Call on Inner Strength from the Holy Spirit to Alter Your Course.
Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because he
is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
* Practice Handling Stressful Situations
Lou Tice in his Investment in Excellence Course says he practices handling stressful
situations by pretending he is dodging barriers as he goes on a walk or run. (The neighbors wonder about you, but press on.)
- Make Excuses Unacceptable
- Be sure all Nutritional Needs are met.
- Drank 1/2 of your body weight daily in water.
- Have an Eating Cutoff Time.
Your body does necessary repair work as you sleep and excess
Food on the stomach at bedtime often turns to fat. 7:30 PM
is my eating cutoff time.
- Implement the 10 Second Delay before reaching for Food triggered by Emotions.
- Eat with Intention, not Unthinkingly.
Eph 5:17 MSG Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure
you understand what the Master wants.