Paleo Squash Casserole
As I was sorting through my recipes for our traditional Thanksgiving Dressing (this may be my one non Paleo food for Thanksgiving), I found a long time favorite Squash Casserole. However, it called for so much cheese and bread. I couldn’t do that. Last night I experimented and came up with a delicious dish. I am not kidding. It tastes like it is filled with cheese. We loved it. This would serve 6-8.
- 4 Large Yellow Squash
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Sugar
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Cream
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 C Ghee
- Optional Caramelized Slivered Almonds on Top
How to Make
- Wash, slice and cook squash in double boiler until just beginning to soften.
- Drain and add salt and pepper to taste along with the 1 tsp. coconut sugar.
- Melt Ghee.
- Combine in a bowl: Ghee, 2 Eggs, 1 Can Coconut Cream
- Mix with hand mixer.
- Place squash in 9×9 pyrex pan and pour the sauce over this.
- Bake at 400F for 32 minutes.
- Sprinkle a few Caramalized Slivered on top when ready to serve.
New Recipe Cards
They are almost completed for the 2016 edition. This one will be part of the new additions along with the Paleo Enchiladas, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Orange Cake, Poppyseed Dressing, Blender Ice Creams and many more.