PALEO PECAN PIE
(From The Gluten-Free Almond Flour cookbook, which I highly recommend)
- 1 1/2 c. water (Boiling)
- 2 TBL agar flakes ( I found mine at Whole Food Store. They come in a little package
and are very hard to find.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups agave
- 1 TBL vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups pecans, toasted (This year I used only 2 1/2 Cups)
How to Make
- COMBINE in medium saucepan boiling water and agar flakes until flakes are dissolved. (10-12 minutes)
- Lower heat and whisk in salt, agave, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir until all ingredients thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in Pecans
Refrigerate until set.
Coconut Cream Whip Topping
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
Several Drops Liquid Stevia
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla
HOW TO MAKE
- Be sure to use Full Fat Coconut Milk or it will not work.
- Wash top of Can and Place in Refrigerator for several hours to thicken.
(I like to keep a can of the Coconut Milk in the refrigerator all the time. I use the Trader Joe brand of Coconut Milk Can and it is thick without refrigerating first
- Shake the Can Well
- Pour or scoop into a Storage Container and add Stevia and Vanilla.
- Use immediately or store for later use.