Paleo Holiday Favorites
(One of about 20 new tried and proven favorites in the 2016 Fabufit Paleo Recipe Cards)
Preorders will ship December 19. These make wonderful Christmas or Birthday Gifts.
PIE CRUST ……………………………..INGREDIENTS
Easier version this year. I am always searching for the fastest, easiest. Adapted from MyHeartBeets.com
2 cups blanched almond flour (Honeyville is a great brand and is
ground very fine:)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 egg, whisked
2 TBLS Ghee softened
PIE CRUST ……………………………HOW TO MAKE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a larger bowl (flour, salt, cinnamon)!
3. Whisk the wet ingredients in smaller bowl (softened Ghee and
whisked Egg). I softened the Ghee in small pyrex bowl in low oven so
it was soft, but not totally melted.!
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture until very thoroughly
combined and form into a ball.!
5. Press the dough into a 9 1/2 inch pie pan. (This takes a little time to
6. Use a fork to prick around in the crust before baking.!
7. Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden brown.!
8. This can be made ahead and frozen for later use.
The Cranberry Sauce:
I followed the directions on the package of fresh cranberries but instead of the cup of sugar it called for, I added 1 cup of agave nectar. Oh my goodness, it was better than the one with sugar.